Friday, January 30, 2015

Marmalade Pancakes

Citrus is in season right now. And I LOVE citrus! Last week I picked up beautiful pink fleshed Cara Cara oranges & satsuma cuties from which I made orange sugar. Simply add the zest of an orange to a couple of cups of sugar. Stir to make sure the zest is spread throughout. Store in an air tight container (I use a canning jar.) well. This morning I noticed we had one Cara Cara left and I decided to make pancakes! This is the same square pancake recipe I've shared before, but with an orange twist and an orange syrup to go along. The girls and I gobbled it up! Seriously tasty! 


INGREDIENTS:
(Pancake)
2 cups AP flour
2 1/2 Tbsp. Sugar (I used orange sugar)
2 tsp baking powder (heaping)
1 tsp baking soda (heaping)
1/2 tsp salt (level)
Zest of 1/2 an orange
2 eggs
cups milk
1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
2 tsp orange extract 

(Marmalade Syrup)
1/2 cup sugar (again I used 
Juice & remaining zest of 1 orange + 2 satsumas

Nonstick cooking spray

DIRECTIONS:
1). Preheat oven to 350*
2). Spray 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3.) Add apple cider vinegar to the milk & let sit while you measure the dry ingredients into a large bowl. 4.) Combine wet & dry ingredients & mix until just combined. Do not over mix. 
5.) Spread evenly in prepared pan & bake for 25 - 35 minutes.
6.) Mean while, combine the syrup ingredient in a small sauce pan & heat over low heat until it bubbles rapidly. Set aside until ready to serve.
7.) Allow pancakes to cool in the pan for 5 - 10 minutes, then slice or use cookie cutters to make shapes. Drizzle with marmalade syrup & Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment on my blog! ❤ Megan