Thursday, April 27, 2017

Dinners : Just Good Food...

Whew! This week has been a bit rocky. Changes are coming up that I have faith will work out for the best, but it still causes some amount of freak out in my heart. Anyone else like that? Why do we do it? Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Any-who... here is what my menu looks like this week. I can't remember what we had Monday - probably some sort of un planned clean out the freezer/ what's in the pantry / what is on the brink of going bad and needs to be eaten type dinner. LOL!

TUES- Seared fish & scallop tacos
  • We love the Wildtree Taco mix. I tossed big slabs of halibut in grape seed oil and coated the fish and bay scallops in the taco seasoning then pan seared them in our cast iron skillets. 
  • Made a quick slaw with a bagged cabbage slaw and a dressing from yogurt, cumin, salt, and lime juice to taste.
  • We added cotija cheese, fresh salsa, cilantro, and hot sauce for the grown ups.

WED - Crockpot Gyros (I'm using ground beef because that is what I have in the freezer already)

THUR - Italian garlic bread grilled cheese + Tomato soup
  • For the soup I combine a carton of Trader Joe's creamy tomato soup + 1 jar Trader Joe's Bruschetta. Blend & heat.

FRI - Buttermilk roast chicken + wedge salad + homemade bread

SAT - Teriyaki Steak + steamed rice + grilled pineapple + Asian salad mix

  • We love the Soyvey teriyaki sauces. I marinate the steak in the teriyaki overnight.
  • The fresh pineapple will be cut in spears and brushed with Wildtree grape seed oil before grilling. I love how grilling brings out the sweetness.

SUN - Pork chops with lemon basil cream sauce + roasted apples, pears, & sweet potatoes + green salad


If you try any of these, I'd love to hear what you like!
~M



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment on my blog! ❤ Megan